The Gaido family has a century-old tradition of hospitality for visitors to Galveston Island. Italian immigrant San Jacinto Gaido started Gaido’s Restaurant in 1911, and his oldest son, Mike, not only continued the restaurant his father began, but also built Gaido’s Motel in 1947. Although the Motel was expanded and remodeled through the years, becoming Gaido’s Motor Inn and eventually Gaido’s Seaside Inn, the Gaido family remain the sole owners and hands-on operators, continuing more than a half-century of commitment to being a home away from home for Galveston visitors.
THE HISTORY OF OUR RESTAURANTS
For more than 100 years, diners from all over the world have enjoyed the finest and freshest seafood at Gaido’s. It is a restaurant with a reputation built on the motto of its founder, San Jacinto Gaido: “If you are not proud of it, don’t serve it."
Gaido’s began as a modest eatery on the old Murdochs Bathhouse on the Galveston beachfront, moving to 39th Street and Seawall Boulevard in 1936, growing from a drive-in to a single dining room cafe' to a white tablecloth restaurant. Casey's Seafood Cafe was opened in 1986 and features fresh seafood, burgers and sandwhiches served in a casual, beach town atmosphere.